Flank Steak Tacos
WITH CHICAGO STEAK SEASONING & SOUTHWEST SELECT
1 pound flank steak - trimmed of excess fat
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tbl Chicago Steak Seasoning
1 medium orange (squeeze for juice) - about 1/4 cup
1 medium lime (squeeze for juice) - about 2 tablespoons
1/2 tablespoon Southwest Select
Pico De Gallo or Salsa Verde
Freshly chopped Cilantro
Sliced lime wedges
1. Place the flank steak in a baking dish. In a medium
mixing bowl or large measuring cup, stir together the
olive oil, chopped cilantro, Chicago Steak Seasoning, orange juice, lime juice, and Southwest Select. Pour over the steak. Cover tightly with plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours (do not marinate for more than 8 hours or the steak will break down and soften too much).
2. When ready to grill, remove the steak from the refrigerator and let stand at room temperature while you prepare any toppings and preheat the grill.
3. Preheat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over medium-high heat
4. Brush the grill grates with oil. Remove the steak from the marinade, shaking off any excess. Grill the steak for about 3-4 minutes per side, flipping once, until medium-rare (The steak should read 135 degrees F)
5. Remove the steak to a cutting board and cover with foil. Let rest for 5 minutes (this allows the juices to sink into the meat), then cut the steak into thin, 1/4-inch slices, slicing it across the grain.
3. To heat the tortillas, place them in a dry skillet heated over medium-high or heat them on the grill for about 30 seconds per side, until warmed through.
4. Assemble the tacos, fill the tortillas with a few slices of beef, sprinkle cheese and any desired toppings.
5. Enjoy with an ice cold Modelo!