Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Pizza
WITH CAROLINA BBQ
Make your own pizza dough with below ingredients or buy fresh from your local Italian Market Place!
Pizza Dough: Makes enough dough for two 10-12 inch pizzas
1 1/2 cups (355 ml) warm water (105°F-115°F)
1 package (2 1/4 teaspoons) of active dry yeast
3 3/4 cups (490 g) bread flour
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon sugar
Extra virgin olive oil
Cornmeal (to help slide the pizza onto the pizza stone)
Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ (or any BBQ of your choice)
Fresh shredded mozzarella cheese
Chopped fresh basil
2 Pulled chicken breast
Onion, diced pineapple, mushroom (or any toppings of your choice)
1. In large bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in water; let stand
for 5 minutes. Add oil and salt. Stir in flour, a cup at a time,
until a soft dough forms.
2. Roll onto floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic,
about 2-3 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to
grease the top.
3.Cover and let rise in a warm place until dough doubles, about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, pick out toppings of your liking (pepperoni, Italian sausage, black olives, etc.)
4. Punch down dough; divide in half. Press the dough into a greased 12-in pizza pan or pizza stone.
5. Combine the BBQ Sauce and 2 tbl Carolina BBQ to create your pizza sauce then spread thinly over the dough.
6. Add your shredded chicken, pineapple, onion and the rest of your toppings to the entire flatbread.
7. Bake at 400° for 15-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
8. Sprinkle fresh basil on top of the cooked pizza.
9. Enjoy with a glass of Zinfandel or PBR!