With Southwest Select Seasoning
2 boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1" chunks
1 pound penne pasta
2 TBL lemon juice
2-3 TBS of Southwest Select
2 TBL butter
2 TBL olive oil
1/4 cup honey
2 TBL chipotle pepper sauce from canned adobo peppers
Add any vegetables you want:
1 yellow bell pepper chopped
1 red bell pepper chopped
1/2 yellow onion chopped
1 cup of pees
thinly slices asparagus
3 cloves garlic minced
2 cups heavy cream
6 ounces shredded parmesan cheese
cilantro and tortilla chip strips for garnish optional
1. Set your water to boil for your asparagus and pasta.
2. Add the asparagus to the water and boil for 2-3 minutes or until tender crisp.
3. Once you remove the asparagus from the water add in your noodles and cook for 8-10 min or until al dente.
4. In a bowl with your diced chicken add the lemon juice, olive oil, Southwest Select and let sit as you cook the rest of the dish.
6. In a large skillet add the butter and melt over medium heat.
7. Add the chopped bell peppers and onions and cook until just browned.
8. Add in the garlic and cook an extra minute.
9. Remove the vegetables and add in the olive oil.
10. Add the chicken to the pan and turn the heat up to medum-high.
11. Brown the chicken on all sides and add in the honey and stir, cooking an additional minute or so.
13. Add the bell pepper mixture back to the pan, stir well, then add in the adobo sauce, heavy cream and Parmesan cheese.
15. Cook for 3-4 minutes then add in the cooked pasta, asparagus and frozen green peas.
16. Stir to coat everything and garnishes with tortilla strip chips and cilantro-really any toppings of your choice.
17. Plate and enjoy with a glass of Zinfandel!